Friday, June 11, 2010

The first dance

Today, my friends, I thought I would share our "first dance" song with you. The song is from Ray LaMontagne's 2008 album, Gossip in the Grain. ahahaha That just reminded me of Clinton County. Whoa. Sorry for that brief interruption. If you need explanation of that please email me! Anyhooters...I don't know much about Ray LaMontagne besides that fact that I like his music. 

Click here for a listen to our "first dance" song, "You are the Best Thing."

Is that not a great first dance song? I like that it is upbeat. I figured I would be weeping with joy all day so why choose another sappy song?

This song of Ray's was a runner up: Hold You In My Arms.



Zac Brown from Zac Brown Band

I don't plan on changing our "first dance" song at all, but I do have to say that after hearing this song on the CMT Music Awards the other night I did consider a change.

Wow! Did you cry? The video for this song really ups the intensity level of the song. Ok. I had to compose myself. Now imagine that song at your 4th of July party! I think it's the new Proud to Be an American.



Tonight I am off to Florissant, Missouri, to celebrate my cousin's graduation from 8th grade. We will be celebrating at The Glutton's Club. More on that Monday!

 A pic of my cousin Louie and my uncle Luis, cousin Andrea, and Aunt Anita
Cute!

Remember, Monday is Flag Day. Flag Day commemorates the adoption of the style of American Flag we currently fly. Make sure your flag is up!

On that note, go enjoy your summer! It's Friday, ya'll! Go enjoy your freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Go ahead and show me what you got!