Tuesday, June 15, 2010

my kind of room

I discovered this lovely room the other day on an AMAZING blog.




#1: I love the black and white print on the chairs. I just made a few pillows for my patio out of that fabric. I like how they used the pattern on just two chairs. A little pattern here and there is nice as long as you don't over do it. And how can you go wrong with black and white? It's classic.

#2: I like natural textures such as the worn look on the tables. That's why I'll never be a modern decor kind of girl.  I like the almost rattan look of the roman shades. Furniture is best when it looks like it has a story.


#3: Pairs. I LOVE LOVE pairing things. Sometimes things are just better in sets of two, ya know? Matching bookshelves with similar pictures above them. Matching arm chairs. Matching lamps. I don't know what it is, but the human eye likes pairs.


#4: Mason jars. I have loved mason jars since I discover some very old ones in the basement of my parents first home. The home was around 100 years old when we lived there, and the owners had left behind many of their belongings including blue and white mason jars, a vintage hang-on-the-wall telephone with the horn you talk into and hold the earpiece to your ear, and, last but not least, a wooden leg. But, that sounds like another blog post!


#5: Did you notice that the shelves were lined with newspaper? There we go with the black and white again. I hear a modge podge project calling my name!


#6: The wall color. In one picture it looks purple and in the other it looks brown. But, I like it both ways.


#7: I love the wooden bench. Benches just bring a casual feel to a room. They remind you of being a kid, don't they? They make me happy because it's seating for more than one. They invite company.

#8: I love all the pictures in the display cabinet. The idea of your own photography as art is the best decoration of all!


This is my kind of room!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Go ahead and show me what you got!