Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Purpose of this blog...

 One small-town nuance that inspires me: an endless sky.

I have to give a shout-out to everyone that has been reading my blog! Especially to those who have left a comment. I have been wanting to start a blog for a long time, and it is sooo much fun to share everything with "the world!" 

It is sometimes difficult to live in such a small town in the Midwest. Yes, it is beautiful and peaceful here, and there isn't any traffic. My fiance lives here; I was raised here; and the people are friendly. But, there are a lot of other things a girl can't get here. Like a JCrew, a gourmet restaurant, an iced latte, or a museum or a concert. Just all urban things in general. I mean...I'm a small-town girl that likes urban things....fashion, shopping, trends, bistros, art, music, boutiques, photography, organic/all-natural foods! What can I say?

Thank GOD for the internet is what I can say. My sister, Ellen, and I had a conversation about this topic a few weeks ago. Ellen lives in Champaign, Illinois, two hours north of my town. While Champaign has a lot more culture to offer than Breese it isn't exactly urban. Our conversation the other day involved us both describing how we live our lives through the internet! Well, not totally. But, the internet helps fill some of the "voids" in our lives. The internet allows us to find what we can't find in our rural towns. Especially profound in our searches for a little something more are all the blogs out there written by women just like us who like the same things we do. These blogs really inspire my sister and I. They serve as a creative outlet for two culture-starved girls surrounded by cornfields!!

I guess my point is that this blog allows me to be just a little more "me." And being a little more "me" makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Go ahead and show me what you got!